Sunday, July 1, 2012

Introduction

After much prompting from several people, and strong encouragement from a very dear friend, I have decided to start a blog. I've always loved to write, but never quite knew how to pursue it, and on what forum. As a previously practicing therapist, I never minded session notes. I loved the session more, of course, but I always wished I had more time to really reflect on paper what had transpired before me in my office. Unfortunately, the politics of the profession for a therapist working towards licensing barely allows for any sort of session note, much less a reflective one. After taking, what I initially thought was, a brief break from the profession, I found myself working for a family attorney. I have worked for attorneys since I was 16 (I'm 31 now) and I've always loved the law, including all the writing involved with it. I wrote for my high school newspaper, and perhaps that's when I initially fell in love with writing, and also was on yearbook staff...though yearbook didn't provide enough writing, and I switched back to journalism half-way through the year. Blogging, however, is a way to write without boundaries, without rules, with a freedom found few places. My hope is that blogging will give me a forum to express myself (without an agenda), share my experiences, and maybe, just maybe, provide some sort of entertainment for others. Feel free to leave comments and let me know what you want to hear more (or less) of. Enjoy...hopefully. 


3 comments: